As nonprofits, we are always looking for new and creative ways to reach audiences and spread our messages. Many people think that social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram are the best options for nonprofit marketing and fundraising because of their user demographics. Still, TikTok has been attracting the older crowd lately. I am on TikTok, and I often find myself pulled into the vortex that is TikTok.
It has some great benefits for charitable organizations. TikTok is a place where people can create, upload, and share short, bite-sized videos. According to Statista, TikTok has over 1 billion active users as of 2022, TikTok is quickly becoming an important social media platform to incorporate into your nonprofit's digital marketing strategy.
TikTok is ideal for nonprofit marketing and fundraising and is becoming the go-to platform for charities and nonprofits to raise awareness and money.
So, Here’s How TikTok Can Help With Nonprofit Marketing & Fundraising
1. TikTok is a visual platform that allows people to share their stories and connect with others via videos. Research shows that visuals such as images, graphics, and videos are particularly effective at helping people retain information. Hence, TikTok could be beneficial to charities trying to get the word out.
2. TikTok has added some new features to help nonprofits and charities by spreading awareness and asking for donations, including the ability to make donations while remaining in the app. All users can add a nonprofit to their profile and put a 'sticker' on videos and live streams that encourage viewers to donate.
For your nonprofit to become eligible for these features, you must first build up your presence on TikTok and sign up for Tiltify (a digital fundraising site partnered with TikTok).
3. Many nonprofits use TikTok to drive fans or followers to their websites. If you use TikTok effectively, you can increase your website traffic, leading to more donations, sign-ups, or sales.
If you have a business account, you can add a link to your website or use a Linktree to direct your audience to where you want them to go. TikTok also has a spot for other social media accounts like Instagram and YouTube if you are active on those platforms.
4. TikTok is free and easy to use. TikTok is free to download and free to use. It is also straightforward to create content. Easy content creation makes it ideal for nonprofits of all sizes, regardless of your budget. If you're unsure where to start, TikTok has some sample ideas that could be useful for your cause. There are also a lot of creators on TikTok that share tips on things like the latest filters, trends, and neat tutorials.
5. TikTok makes it easy to get involved. TikTok is, first and foremost, a social platform, and they make engaging with your audiences and other users more effortless than ever. With stitches and duets, you can respond to videos created by other users. You can even create video replies to comments instead of just text. You can create polls and contests or make challenges in that your community can participate. Using these features and engaging with your audience will increase their engagement with you. This will improve your chance with the algorithm and create a follower base, which will increase your visibility on the platform.
6. The user base for TikTok is growing rapidly. One billion users mean you'll have a larger audience to engage with and share your message. TikTok has been growing exponentially in recent years. According to recent statistics, it has surpassed YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter in terms of daily visits. TikTok amassed over 3 billion downloads and penetrated one-third of all social media users on this planet in less than four short years.
Moreover, it will help you tap next-gen donors who are just beginning to build their loyalties to causes.
7. The users on TikTok are highly engaged. Active users mean that TikTokers are more likely to be involved with your content and provide positive feedback. Engagement is critical, especially if you want to build a following on the app. Users spend an average of 40 minutes per day on TikTok.
8. Finally, TikTok allows nonprofits to be creative. The platform offers easy-to-use design and editing tools that will enable you to stand out from the crown or stay on trend. TikTok is the place to flex your creative muscles. Create educational or inspirational videos, or maybe post something silly. There's no limit to the videos you can create (except for the 3-minute time limit).
TikTok can be an excellent tool for engaging with your audience and highlighting your nonprofit's important work! In addition, the app's rapidly increasing popularity and global reach mean marketing on TikTok won't disappear any time soon.
Prefer to watch instead of read? Check out our YouTube video.